none
User cannot edit project in PWA 2010 or Project Pro 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• The user is the project manager (owner). When she tries to edit in PWA 2010, everything is disabled. When she tries to edit in Project Pro 2010 from PWA, she is prompted that her Project Pro client is not configured, though it really is configured. This is happening to ALL of her projects. Checked project permissions and it's untouched. The user is a member of the Project Manager security group has My Category set as My Projects. The roles template used for check boxes for Group and Category is Project Manager. Everything is out of box settings - checked each one.

Interesting observation is that the user is able to open/edit the schedule in Project Pro from Project Pro first and not FROM PWA in any way.

Also I can open the schedule and edit in PWA or from PWA in Pro with no restrictions.

• Edited by dovendaven1 Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:54 PM
    Monday, October 22, 2012 9:37 PM

Answers

• Figured it out. This had something to do with the URL and load balancing between two different URLs. The install did not include the /PWA in the URL, though it was recommended to include /PWA. Lesson's learned.
    • Marked as answer by dovendaven1 Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:04 PM
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Make sure to add PWA site as trusted site in IE and set Trusted sites zone security level to low or medium low.

Is this issue user or system specific?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:56 AM
  • Thx for your response! I tried that and it didn't work.
    • Edited by dovendaven1 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:09 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Which version of IE user is using?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:23 PM
  • IE 8
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Figured it out. This had something to do with the URL and load balancing between two different URLs. The install did not include the /PWA in the URL, though it was recommended to include /PWA. Lesson's learned.
    • Marked as answer by dovendaven1 Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:04 PM
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:03 PM