Stop Syncing Specific Inbox in Outlook While Travelling RRS feed

• Question

• I've been travelling for the past couple of weeks.

I have a myriad of different exchange and IMAP mailboxes that I've connected to via Outlook. 

A couple of these are Gmail accounts; While I'm out of state, Gmail's security / suspicious activity filters block outlook from connecting to the accounts, even after I've reviewed the device history on their site and clicked 'Yes, I recognize this activity'. 

I can not connect to these inboxes while <g class="gr_ gr_222 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="222" id="222"><g class="gr_ gr_522 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="522" id="522">i</g>'m</g> out of state, and would like to tell Outlook to stop trying to connect to them; I want this because every time I open outlook / every time outlook sends/receives, I get two popups for every Gmail inbox <g class="gr_ gr_365 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="365" id="365"><g class="gr_ gr_523 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="523" id="523">i</g>'m</g> connecting to telling me it failed, and asking me to sign in again. If I could stop sending / receiving for those inboxes for the time period <g class="gr_ gr_449 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="449" id="449"><g class="gr_ gr_565 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="565" id="565">i</g>'m</g> out of state, it would no longer be such a bother, as it's interrupting the experience I have in using outlook.

Saturday, December 10, 2016 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Douglas,

I am afraid there is no setting to block this specific account syncing in Outlook.

As a workaround, please consider to back up your Gmail mailbox data (especially for Calendar and Contacts etc.) by exporting the mailbox to a PST file. Then remove this Gmail account from Outlook during your travelling from account settings. If you want to view the old mails for this account in Outlook, we can open the back up PST file in Outlook by clicking File > Open&Export > Open Outlook Data File.

After you finish the travelling, add this account back from File > Account Settings to send and receive emails.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 10:14 AM