none
MAP 5.0 ( Performance and Metrics Wizard for Linux Machines) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Can we run the Performance and Metrics Wizard for Linux Machine ..because i couldn't find any place where i can put SSH Credential. it Accept only WMI Credential.

Regards,

bravonomi

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:49 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, MAP does not support collecting performance metrics from Linux machines, just Windows machines.  MAP 5.0 does, however, collect inventory data from Linux machines using SSH (but I suspect you probably already know about that feature :-) ).
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 7:13 PM
  • Thanks Spencer !!!
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:35 AM
  • I've installed the MAP Toolkit 5.0.3431.0 but "Linux-based computers" does not show up as an option under Inventory Scenarios,
    despite being listed as an option in the online help.

How is this option enabled?

Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:49 PM
  • There's an API that MAP relies on to securely do ssh to Linux computers that's not present in Windows XP and Windows 2003.  I can't remember if it's missing in both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of XP/2003 or just one or the other.   In any case, when that API isn't present on the platform MAP is installed on, we hide the Linux inventory option since we don't have the platform available to securely do ssh.

Move to a Vista / Server 2008 computer or newer and the option should appear.

Friday, October 22, 2010 10:01 PM