none
Can I remove the Strategic Impact link for team member in the schedule view? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Project 2013, Professional and Server, but not Project Online at this time. When a team member goes into the Project Center and clicks on a schedule to view it (in PWA not Professional), they can still see the Strategic Impact link in the left hand side menu. Removing the link from the Quick Launch menu just removes it from the main pages, not the schedule view. Is there any way to remove just the Strategic Impact link so that team members don’t even have it as an option to click on?

Thanks,

Tanya

Thursday, July 19, 2018 3:46 PM

Answers

• Tanya --

When any user clicks the Strategic Impact link for an individual enterprise project, the system displays the Strategic Impact PDP (Project Details Page) for that project.  This PDP is one of the PDPs included with the Enterprise Project Type from which the project was created. Because of that, there is no way to display the link for project managers and not for team members.  If the user can see the enterprise project, they are allowed to see the Strategic Impact PDP as well.  However, by default team members CANNOT edit the enterprise project or the information in any of its associated PDPs, so you should be OK with them seeing it.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Tanya Foster Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:03 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 4:48 PM

All replies

• Tanya --

When any user clicks the Strategic Impact link for an individual enterprise project, the system displays the Strategic Impact PDP (Project Details Page) for that project.  This PDP is one of the PDPs included with the Enterprise Project Type from which the project was created. Because of that, there is no way to display the link for project managers and not for team members.  If the user can see the enterprise project, they are allowed to see the Strategic Impact PDP as well.  However, by default team members CANNOT edit the enterprise project or the information in any of its associated PDPs, so you should be OK with them seeing it.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Tanya Foster Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:03 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 4:48 PM
  • Thank you Dale.  I thought that might be the case, but I thought I would at least pose the question!  I appreciate your response.
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:03 PM