Forwarding Emails in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I Created a rule in Outlook 2016. the rule is as follows: 

Apply this rule after the message arrives

with specific words in the subject

forward it to people or public group

I want to send out an email to a group. To make sure that the whole group gets a copy of any replies that a member of the group has, I made the rule (which is above) for the email. I filled in the words for the subject and the people or group  fields. The names that are in the forward step of the rule are the same as the people that i sent the email too. How do i make an exception that will not send a forwarded copy of the email to the member that is doing the replying, just to the other members in the group? right now they get a copy of their reply.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s your account type? Exchange, IMAP or POP?

According to my research and test, I’m afraid that there may be no such a built-in option to make such an exception by Outlook rules.

As a workaround, recipients may choose Reply All so that all your group will receive this message without duplicated mail.

What’s more, if you are using Exchange account, it will be better if you create a public folder to collect and share the messages with the group. You can create a rule to copy all your messages to this folder. When you move a message to a public folder, you're not emailing it to anyone, so no one's Inbox gets cluttered. Instead, people can check the folder whenever they want to look for interesting posts.

You may create the rule as below:

Apply this rule after the message arrives

with specific words in the subject

Move a copy to the specific folder.

For more details about how to create a public folder, you can refer to this link.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, January 4, 2018 8:52 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:58 AM
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going on with this issue?

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members, who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, January 8, 2018 7:06 AM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 7:06 AM