3 questions on 7 RRS feed

• Question

• 1. My spell checker changed from English to Spanish. How do I change it back? I did search but did not find instructions. 

2. My Windows Experience Index is 3.4. How do I maximize it?

I bought and HP G71-340US notebook at Office Depot with Windows 7 Pro and the XP Button. 

I use this laptop to code programming in Easy Language of Tradestation.com. 

I find Windows 7 much slower than XP. The XP Button for $80 does not seem to make a difference when I click it. 

3. As the XP Button does not make a difference in speed, what can I do to regain XP Pro speed with 7? 

Thank you. 

Douglas

drDimick.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:32 AM

Answers

• Hi drDimick.com,

1. Which spell checker are using? Office word? Third party?

2. You cannot improve the Windows Experience Index much more as the low score is most likely due to the Intel Graphics. Notebooks do not provide many hardware upgrade options for the graphics adapter.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01887247&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4035651

3. XP runs in virtual mode in Windows 7. Turning off the virtual machine should improve your speed as it does use resources. What is the XP Button anyway? It's not a Microsoft product name or application.  I don't believe it's an HP application either. You need the Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise version of Windows 7 to run XP mode. Do you need to use applications that are only compatible with XP?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/default.aspx

Is the Easy Language programming application compatible with Windows 7?

Since this is a new computer, you have Office Depot, HP, and Microsoft available as support resources.

The performance of this computer should be as fast and smooth as XP or better. Something is amiss. This computer needs attention.

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:24 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:29 AM