none
Project 2010 database failover issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently working on configuring the project server 2010 failover and so far have only been successful with accessing the Central Administration once the failover has occurred.

When attempting to access the PWA, I get the below errors. I do see the first error which states the domain account PWA_Admin does not have access to the SessionStateService's database. However, when I look at both the production and failover database, I see this service account as the dbo. Since the Central administration is accessible, I know that the registry and firewall settings are working but I cannot figure out why I am still getting this error. Hope someone can help me in this regard.

05/05/2015 20:52:43.69  w3wp.exe (0x079C)                        0x307C SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "SessionStateService_d841ac2949a54a38beedc6ad5fdd20dd" requested by the login. The login failed.  Login failed for user 'Domain\PWA_admin'.    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean i... 7116c392-cffa-4d11-963f-b57ace543cdc

05/05/2015 20:52:43.69* w3wp.exe (0x079C)                        0x307C SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected ...gnoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions o... 7116c392-cffa-4d11-963f-b57ace543cdc

05/05/2015 20:52:43.69* w3wp.exe (0x079C)                        0x307C SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected ...ptions, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Op... 7116c392-cffa-4d11-963f-b57ace543cdc

05/05/2015 20:52:43.69* w3wp.exe (0x079C)                        0x307C SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected ...en()     at System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.SqlStateConnection..ctor(SqlPartitionInfo sqlPartitionInfo) 7116c392-cffa-4d11-963f-b57ace543cdc

• Edited by Darogael Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:14 AM edited
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Darogael,

You can try to increase the permissions for the 'Domain\PWA_admin' on the failover cluster to sysadmin and see if that would help. Also, check if the user is a dbo on that database, by checking the user mappings (and not the list of users for that database). It may be the case that the restored database has the user as dbo but it is not matched against the SQL Server user (different guid etc.)

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:32 PM