Windows Information Protection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a weird issue with only one device in the company.

When I join the company domain and try to access a text file or .exe file on our share drive \\share5 I get this error message:

Windows Information Protection policy does not allow access to this network resource.

When I unjoin the domain and use a local account, it works fine.

Also, when using any other device that is on the exact same version as windows 10 when it is joined to the domain, it will access these files fine without this error message. Same login and password, same domain.

The only difference is that the problem happens on a surface pro if that has anything to do with it.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:48 AM

Answers

• So it looks like microsoft put a bad image on the surface pro.. I wiped it and it now works perfectly fine on the same domain and same account.
    Friday, April 13, 2018 10:29 AM

All replies

• have looked into these to no avail

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/windows-information-protection/wip-app-enterprise-context

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/windows-information-protection/overview-create-wip-policy

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Hi,

Here the domain this computer joined is the Azure AD or traditional on-premise AD?

Are devices that are enrolled with Microsoft Intune?

For now, let's collect group policy report for analysis:

1. Open Command Prompt(Admin).

2. Type gpresult /h c:\gpreport.html. Press Enter to generate report.

After finishing, go to C drive to open the gpreport to see if any abnormal.

If you don't know how to read it, just upload it to OneDrive and share the link in your next post.

Please Note: Remember to wipe any privacy information before upload any file to public website.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:26 AM
  • So it looks like microsoft put a bad image on the surface pro.. I wiped it and it now works perfectly fine on the same domain and same account.
    Friday, April 13, 2018 10:29 AM