none
DNS error with multiple DC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm deploying DirectAccess at the moment but I encounter a problem I have a DNS error:

The client was unable to validate the following as active DNS server(s) that can service this client. The server(s) may be temporarily unavailable, or may be incorrectly configured.  IPV6.

Thing is that we have 3 domain controllers in 3 different places, 2 of them have ISATAP removed from the globalqueryblocklist.

I can ping the internal servers in ipv6 when i'm outside the network but I can't get access to any ressources because I have an other error:

The DNS server is not responding.

I've been trying for hours to resolve this DNS issue without success, is the fact that only 2 of our DC have isatap removed from the globalqueryblocklist?

Because when I enter the command "net stop iphlpsvc and net start iphlpsvc" the IPv6 adress appears in the DNS host but disappear 2 mins later...

It looks like i'm in a bad circle where their is no exit possible... It's weird to see DNS entry disapearing like that :s

So thx for helping me resolve this issue !

John.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:43 PM

Answers

• The problem has been solved after a maintenance and some servers reboot. The DNS was green and internal connection was working.

• Marked as answer by JohnChristmas Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:40 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:40 AM

All replies

• The problem has been solved after a maintenance and some servers reboot. The DNS was green and internal connection was working.

• Marked as answer by JohnChristmas Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:40 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:40 AM
  • Hello John,

I´ve exactly the same error here while deploying Direct Access. Did you have any hint for me?

My Enviroment:

2008R2 DA Server

3 Sites 3 2008R2 DC´s on 2 sites ISATAP enabled and removed from globalqueryblocklist. For about 5 mins the AAAA records are fine and then they dissapear.

You only rebbotet the DC´s or did you do anything else?

Monday, July 30, 2012 7:45 AM
  • I´ve solved it by simply restarting the DNS Server Service on the DC after the reboot.

Thanks anyway, with the reboot on the DC you gave me the right direction.

• Proposed as answer by Stephan Loetz Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:00 AM