none
Project Server 2010 - Sending Emails for Rejected Timesheets RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have a requirement for sending an email to users whose timesheet has been rejected in a Project Server 2010 environment.

I understand that I can override the event handler and query the database for status of rejected and send an email from the event handler.   Its not clear to me which event I need to override, I've browsed through information on Technet and its still not clear. 

I would assume that this is a common requirement, however Im not finding much information other than write a custom event handler without any specifics as to the proper event.  

Any help or guidance is appreciated!

Thanks!

Dennis

Friday, April 8, 2011 5:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Look at the MSDN for Project SDK.  There is sample code for overriding SDK and also, there may be some in CodePlex.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905469.aspx

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:16 AM
  • Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my posting. 

The example in the SDK is good and I have build and deployed it - seems to work well.

I've been searching for the specific appropriate event that I would need to override (presumably a post timesheet reviewed event - or something like it), and any guidance as to any functionality that would need to be replicated (if any) for the event that is being overridden in addition to the new functionality I would provide.   I've been reviewing the MSDN and SDK info but not finding the information.

Any guidance, book recommendations would be welcomed!

Dennis

Monday, April 11, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

Try changing the

MSP_TS_ChangeTimesheetStatus procedure in the Reporting database. This should work.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:13 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  I will investigate - MSP_TS_ChangeTimesheetStatus.

Dennis

Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:16 PM