none
Scrolling problem with Dell Touchpad with Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Inspirion 17R with a Dell Touchpad that auto updated to Windows 10. Now I can't two finger scroll in Internet Explorer 11. I get the hand icon but no scrolling. I can scroll in other programs like File Explorer. All Touchpad settings alow two finger scrolling.
    Saturday, June 11, 2016 8:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

that depends on your computer and the manufacturers touchpad driver files. There have been 100's of questions about the screen resizing or context menu's appearing for no apparent reason on machines with touchpads.... The solution has been to disable multi-touch gestures for your touchpad.

for what ever reason, it would appear that the update has just disabled the touchpad driver commands for multi-touch. I would suggest that you disable your multi-touch gestures for your touchpad.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

that depends on your computer and the manufacturers touchpad driver files. There have been 100's of questions about the screen resizing or context menu's appearing for no apparent reason on machines with touchpads.... The solution has been to disable multi-touch gestures for your touchpad.

for what ever reason, it would appear that the update has just disabled the touchpad driver commands for multi-touch. I would suggest that you disable your multi-touch gestures for your touchpad.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:10 AM
  • As Rob mentioned, please try the method and check if it helps.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:54 AM