Server Security patching and status reports? RRS feed

• Question

• We've started using SCCM 2007 R2 in our business, and have currently close to 1000 servers. I'm having a hard time finding repots that gives me the overview that I seek, and I hope some of you could help me out.

Background data:

Currently we are patching this way:

- Pilot/test group, 1 week after MS Patch release

- Production A, one week after Pilot patch

- Production B, one week after Prod A patch

Prod A consists of some single servers and Odd numbered servers, Prod B also have some single servers as well as Even numbered servers. Each patch schedule are set to between 4 and 6 AM, and the restart are forced after update, when needed. We have two one package for each OS type (2003 and 2008), which includes the new patches and definition updates each month.

What we hope to achieve

The main goal would be a overview of servers for each Collection (Pilot, Prod A, Prod B), with information of how many patches was installed, and if a reboot was successfull (if needed). I know there will be lots of patches not installed because of wrong architecture and so on, so I would prefer if this was also counted in. I would also like to be able to enter details for each server to figure out why something is not installed.

The ideal situation might be something like this:

Report name: Pilot Server Report Overview

Server name  | Required Patches  |  Installed Patches  |  Restart Required   |  Restart Successful (last 24 hours)

TRMANAG01  |             10            |             5             |          Yes              |               No

TESTSRV02   |             15            |             15           |           Yes             |               Yes

Is something like this possible, and have it been done before? Do you have suggestions of something better, or are there anyone who would be kind enough to help me create such a report?

Any help is appreciated!

Monday, December 5, 2011 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies