none
Restrict Work Resources Category RRS feed

• Question

• HI, can someone remind me of the best way to restrict our PMs from using specific work resources ie blocking the appearance of resources when using the Build Team feature?  I want to restrict the available resources to just that of Generic Resources.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:30 AM

All replies

• You can restrict the available resources based upon their position in the RBS if you use Project Server Permission mode.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:42 PM
  • Hi Dan,

As Ben suggested you will have to set up RBS. Also once RBS is configured you will have to configure the security categories of PM group to display the resource as per RBS.

Regards,

Sudhir

Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:34 PM
  • Hi Sudhir and Ben, thanks for your replies

Sorry I was really just looking to restrict the resource pool list to generic resources only irrespective of the RBS.  I was looking at the following article.  Am I am able to simply create a viewable category of generic resources only using that approach or must I invoke the RBS as part of it?  The article doesn't mention RBS so I assumed there was a non RBS approach available?

http://www.epmpartners.com.au/blog/project-server-security-scenarios-part-3/

Thanks

Dan

Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:57 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Seems to me you've found your answer using the category method mentioned in the URL you supplied.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:40 PM