none
Restore user share with DPM shell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have script to linked to a schedule to auto restore the user share to a network location.  The script executes each night on a schedule and overwrites the existing one by using the following command: Remove-Item C:\Test -recurse
    Problem is the my restore script restores the share volume with its ORIGINAL permissions and the powershell command cannot overwrite it.

My question is:  there must be a command while executing the restore to replace the protection point permissions with the location permissions, right?

$recoveryOption = New-RecoveryOption -TargetServer $DestinationServerName -RecoveryLocation copytofolder -FileSystem -AlternateLocation $DestinationLocation -OverwriteType overwrite -RestoreSecurity -RecoveryType Restore

Do i just need to remove the -RestoreSecurity switch?

Paul

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:57 AM

All replies

• I removed the  -RestoreSecurity switch and I am testing the restore.  Initialy it looks good as the padlock is now not on the root share when restore commenced.  once the restore is complete I'll run the job again and see if I have any permissions issues.  I will post back either way.
    • Proposed as answer by ArunKumar M Tuesday, April 5, 2011 11:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:19 PM