share point version as 12.0.0.6545 and the schema version (3.1.8.0) of the database wss_infanet_site on psb23mintdp1 was not consistent with the expected database schema version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is pretty strange after installaing microsoft O.S security patches(MS011-053 ,MS011-054,MS011-055,MS011-056) on MOSS 2007 server my entire MOSS environment went on toss.It automatically updated my shareoint CU as june 2010.

Can anyone let me know is it possible like MS security patches can have -ve impact on MOSS 2007 server.I am still in shock.

regards,

Shweta

Me
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:24 AM admin q not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:34 AM

Answers

• What exactly do you mean by "went on toss"?

Also, do you know what the reported version number was before you applied the OS patches? What is it shown as now?

Is this a single server config with SQL Server on the same server, or are there multiple servers in the farm?

In general, the first thing I would suggest doing, if this is a single server environment, is running the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard on the server. I can't guarantee that it will resolve your issues, but its a good starting point when it comes to issues like this. If that doesn't work, then other thing you can try is running the Wizard from the command line, which will give you a few more options that may help: psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -wait

John

MCITP and MCTS: SharePoint, Virtualization, Project Server 2007
    My books on Amazon: The SharePoint 2010 Disaster Recovery Guide and The SharePoint 2007 Disaster Recovery Guide.
    My blog: My Central Admin.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:38 PM