none
Update Office During Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, 

pls for help... Can someone help me, how to update Office (2013,365) during install? Bcs after every install have to download the same updates... Very annoying...

I know, there is an 'Update' folder, but from where I can download the updates? These updates (Security, Critical, Definition Updates...) have to be .msp file or it can be .cab file?

I'm trying to figure it out for a weak... But I'm more and more confused....

And what would be most awesome, if someone could tell me how to do it during OSD (TS). ^^

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:21 PM

All replies

• Implement WSUS server with correct configurations.

Apply settings correctly to apply right updates to right groups.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-server-update-services/deploy/deploy-windows-server-update-services

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:55 PM
  • Hi, thanks for reply.

I'm sorry, but i don't undestand to your post... What have WSUS commonn with Office durinng the install?

I'm trying to install all updates during the installtion Office... I'm not trying to update already installed Office. 

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:27 PM
  • Hi LuLaCek,

As you said you install Office 2013 and Office365, did you know what kind of install technology you used for Office 2013 and Office 365? MSI or Click-to-Run?

For Office 365 Click-to-Run, if you're using ODT to install Office, you specific the version number you need to install, there is Version attribute (part of Add element) you can create, for example:

<Add SourcePath="\\Server\Share"
         OfficeClientEdition="32"
         Channel="Broad"
         Version="16.0.8201.2193" >
      <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
        <Language ID="en-us" />
        <Language ID="ja-jp" />
      </Product>
      <Product ID="VisioProRetail">
          <Language ID="en-us" />
          <Language ID="ja-jp" />
      </Product>
    </Add> 

Please refer to the article to get more information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/configuration-options-for-the-office-2016-deployment-tool#add-element

For MSI, you can try to use SCCM to deploy specific KB. 

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:16 AM
  • Hi Emi, 

I'm using a standard instalator setup.exe with .msp file. There is no another way to update the packge? Just manualy download the KBs and make the installation package? Now I'm talking about Office 2013, Standard version...

After every installations.. The same updates.... Rly annoying...

• Edited by LuLaCeK Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:33 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:30 PM