none
Sharepoint 2013 site landing page doesnot display in IE 10. Works fine in Firefox and Chrome. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sharepoint 2013 site (Https site). When opening the site in IE 10, the home page does not display anything except the top blue line(no web parts are displayed). Same site when accessed in Chrome and Firefox, the home page displays absolutely fine. Only when I add site to the "Trusted sites" in IE, then IE starts displaying the site correctly.

Any solution to this, as I do not want to add the site to "trusted sites"?

• Edited by 123M Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:32 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:29 PM

All replies

• try this one:

disable the IE10 local storage feature (which I believe is a part of the HTML5). Simply go to internet options –> advanced, scroll down to “Enable DOM Storage” and uncheck it’s checkbox

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

• Marked as answer by 123M Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by 123M Friday, November 22, 2013 2:29 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:56 PM
  • (Before applying above suggestion from Waqas Sarwar and without adding my site to Trusted sites.) I noticed that all other pages of my site are working fine in IE 10, just the landing page (which has a script editor and a content editor webpart) does not display on IE 10.

Waqas your  suggestion works ! but it requires tweaking settings of IE, which I do not want because mine is a public site; moreover all other subsites and pages are displayed correctly except the home/landing page. Is there any other fix, which does not require tweaking the IE settings?

• Edited by 123M Friday, November 22, 2013 2:24 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 2:23 PM
  • The question is what are the content editor and script editor webparts doing?  I assume they either contain or are referring to some code?  Try creating a new page, and only adding on of the webparts and associated code and try to track down the issue that way.

If you are using JQuery, check out this blog post about some issues you find with IE and how to avoid them:

http://www.stephanrocks.com/2011/10/05/_spbodyonloadfunctionnames-in-sharepoint-vs-jquerys-document-ready/

Thanks. 

Nick Hurst

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:05 PM
  • Hi Nick,

I have very basic web parts ,one is promoted link web part and other is a script webpart that displays some text and an image. That's all.

The home page works fine when opened in Firefox or Chrome. But when opened in IE 10, the home page does not display anything except the top blue line, until I add the site to "trusted site" or uncheck "Enable DOM Storage".

Friday, November 22, 2013 5:23 PM
  • this behavior is true for all users from different PCs?

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Friday, November 22, 2013 8:38 PM