none
Project Online Plan 1 open MPP file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The boss has Project 2016, and I need to be able to open files he sends me.

I purchased Project plan 1 and uploaded his mpp file to sharepoint.  But I can't figure out how do I open an MPP file in project plan 1?

Thanks,

For any help.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:28 PM

Answers

• CADCAM2019 --

Oops!  You selected the wrong plan.  Project plan 1 gives you Project for the Web, which is not compatible with Microsoft Project 2016.  You need to sign up for Project plan 3, which will give you a copy of Microsoft Project Professional, which will then be compatible with the files your boss sends to you.  Sorry about your confusion on licensing.  Project for the Web is very new, as are the licensing plans as well.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by CADCAM2019 Thursday, December 12, 2019 12:02 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:32 PM

All replies

• CADCAM2019 --

Oops!  You selected the wrong plan.  Project plan 1 gives you Project for the Web, which is not compatible with Microsoft Project 2016.  You need to sign up for Project plan 3, which will give you a copy of Microsoft Project Professional, which will then be compatible with the files your boss sends to you.  Sorry about your confusion on licensing.  Project for the Web is very new, as are the licensing plans as well.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by CADCAM2019 Thursday, December 12, 2019 12:02 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:32 PM
  • Thanks very much!

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:55 PM