none
Project Server Queue Service Memory Usage and Activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !

I have migrated my databases from Project Server 2007 to 2010, and after that I´m having some problems.

After starting the queue service on the server, the service allocates about 1GB/min until reach the 99% of  my total RAM. And the CPU usage is always in 25%, even with nothing in the queue. After that, I can't access my PWA, or publish a project. The server have 6GB Ram and SQL server is in another VM, the Queue service is alocating about 5,7Gb of my memory, and my PWA is becoming unavailable with the message " Unexpected Error" after a few minutes.

My Project Server Queue service version is 14.0.4750.1000

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        System.ServiceModel 3.0.0.0
    Date:          20/12/2010 15:00:49
    Event ID:      3
    Task Category: WebHost
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          TECHRESULT\_SharePointService
    Computer:      SV0109.techresult.com.br
    Description:
    WebHost failed to process a request.
     Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/42194754
     Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/acf99441548b4f61af43c1fc6afa0db7/PSI/PWA.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Memory gates checking failed because the free memory (129040384 bytes) is less than 5% of total memory.  As a result, the service will not be available for incoming requests.  To resolve this, either reduce the load on the machine or adjust the value of minFreeMemoryPercentageToActivateService on the serviceHostingEnvironment config element.. ---> System.InsufficientMemoryException: Memory gates checking failed because the free memory (129040384 bytes) is less than 5% of total memory.  As a result, the service will not be available for incoming requests.  To resolve this, either reduce the load on the machine or adjust the value of minFreeMemoryPercentageToActivateService on the serviceHostingEnvironment config element.
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceMemoryGates.Check(Int32 minFreeMemoryPercentage)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)
     Process Name: w3wp
     Process ID: 6092

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:46 AM

Answers

All replies