Windows 7 64bit user has caps button not working RRS feed

• Question

• I hope somebody can help me. I just had a new processor (i5 gen6) installed with 8GB memory and new board. EVERYTHING works except the caps button on three keyboards (USB, plug in, and a new USB one).

If you safe mode it, the button does not work. If you go into BIOS, it works. I have tried some things but the man who did this cannot tie me up all day and I have no other computer that accepts Creative Cloud, Standard XI, and HP printer. Even those wasted hours and Office 2010 has no more reinstall usage so I had to buy 2016 for $149.

I feel ripped off and should have spent $500 on a new computer that is only used for letters and research. I do not need all the new bells and whistles.

Thank you.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any change before this issue?

If yes, please revert back the changes to see the results.

Please try to use On-Screen keyboard to see if the issue still occur.

If the keyboard needs specific driver, please update/reinstall its driver and perform a Clean boot to see if it can work:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Please also check motherboard driver and BIOS edition to make sure both of them were upgrade to be latest.

In addition, please check if the PC is up to date. (Type Check for updates in search box , then select Check for updates. )

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Monday, May 7, 2018 8:54 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 6:31 AM
  • Thank you. I thought about that but we reloaded Windows due to other issues and the problem cleared up.

David111656

• Proposed as answer by Acreed02 Monday, May 7, 2018 5:15 PM
    Monday, May 7, 2018 3:14 PM