Unknown "administrator" blocks access to my Dlink Video recorder (DNR202L)trying to use ActiveX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys.

I think this is an obscure one but having no luck with Dlink Support for this issue, they asked me to ask MS forum techies if they know what aprt of windows this is from and how to get around it. It relates to ActiveX.

Platform: Windows 10; latest release and updates

Security: windows defender is on + Eset security 12.1.34

Appliance at issue- Dlink DNR202L video recorder using DLINK Cloud cameras. Circa 2016 when brought out and still current but not being updated anymore.

Internet Browser: IE version 11.239 (no other browser on the planet works with this device).

This Video recorder uses JAva to display the time recording session screens but needs ActiveX to display other things and tries to turn this on. But we get blocked so I suspend all security tools form activity for a period from eset and firewall and have set Active X as allowed in the ie Browser settings as per Dlinks support but the attached pops up everytime I try to go further. I think ActiveX is being blocked somewhere but I don't know where. Any ideas?

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:45 AM

All replies

• Did you try adding https://192.168.1.102 as trusted/safe URL in IE?
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:21 AM