none
Custom fields - Filled in for the resource, but not for the task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

We've add some custom field for the tasks with a lookup table where user need to choose an area of work.

When they choose the area, the choice in the table is applied to the task in the user's task page but when looking in the project, we do not see the choice he has made.

When I open the project with Project Pro 2013, I can see that the choice is applied at the resource level but not at the task level.

How can I edit this way of working ?

Thanks,

Patmol

Monday, March 31, 2014 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To see the values at the assignment level, set the resource custom field to roll down on the Calculation for Assignment row setting. This is modified on the custom field setting page.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, March 31, 2014 12:44 PM
  • As Paul said, in the custom field definition, under Calculation for assignment rows, click "Roll down unless manually entered" if the contents of this custom field are to be distributed across assignments, for example, in the Task Usage view or Resource Usage view. In this case, data is divided among the assignments unless data is manually entered into an assignment row. 

Cheers.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, March 31, 2014 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your answers, but this option is set for this custom field.

Here a screen shot for maybe, a better explaination.

So, for the task, nothing in the custom field (red square) but the resources have put the data in the custom field.

Thanks,

Patmol

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:21 AM
  • Hi Patmol6,

I just tried your scenario and it works well for me. I understand that you created a task custom field with a lookup table. Then in the Gantt chart you select values for tasks and you display the task usage view, right?

Here is what I got, the task field is correctly entered for both task and assignment :

Here is my task field configuration:

Please come back to me with your exact spte by step process and your task field configuration.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 12:58 PM