none
Update DHCP server (DC) 2008 - 2012 no change IP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I need to reschedule DHCP windows server 2008 r2 to windows server 2012 r2.

I understand that it is easy to transfer DHCP, but I need to do this without changing the IP address.

The old dhcp is raised on the domain controller, and it is registered in many configurations where (cisco...)

You must upgrade one of the domain controllers to 2012 and in it dhcp

Monday, August 26, 2019 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

Do you mean you want to upgrade your DC from windows server 2008 R2 to windows server 2012 R2? If so you can refer to the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/installation-and-upgrade#

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-ds/deploy/upgrade-domain-controllers-to-windows-server-2012-r2-and-windows-server-2012

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Hollis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:00 AM
  • How to update the controller I know.
    I need to update the dhtsp server and create its ip address.
    For example:
    There was a Windows Server 2008 (domain controller) and dhcp IP 10.10.1.1
    Need Windows Server 2012 (domain controller) and dhcp with ip 10.10.1.1
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Hi,

In general, our DC or DHCP server IP address is static. And DHCP server will update with your operating system. Don't worry about it.

Best regards,

Hollis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if your question is resolved? Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hollis

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best regards,

Hollis

Friday, September 6, 2019 8:00 AM