Mozilla Thunderbird - Can't Delete Mail, Empty Trash or transfer Profile from XP to Win 7 RC RRS feed

• Question

• I am denied permission everytime I try to access %root%/programdata/applicationfiles  in WIN 7 RC as an administrator. This is probably why I cant delete mail or install my original XP TBird profile to win 7 correct? Or does it go somewhere else? Is that a feature of Vista / 7 ? Randomly denying permissions to administrators?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As you said that you were deny permission when doing this, I suspect this should be related to security settings of the files or folders. Just for a test, please boot the system to Safe Mode and check if the issue persists.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, September 25, 2009 2:35 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2009 11:12 AM

All replies

• I don't have any problem accessing my Thunderbird profiles but they sure aren't where you described. The only time I've been denied access to my data is when I've tried to go in through a shortcut.

If you did the default installation of Mozilla Thunderbird your profile in Windows 7 will be in

C:\Users>## name of specific account ##>AppData>Roaming>Thunderbird

There is also data in C:\Users>## name of specific account ##>AppData>Local>Thunderbird

The Thunderbird help resources have many articles on moving y our profile data.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

As you said that you were deny permission when doing this, I suspect this should be related to security settings of the files or folders. Just for a test, please boot the system to Safe Mode and check if the issue persists.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, September 25, 2009 2:35 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2009 11:12 AM