View and troubleshoot Windows Update Clients RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way around not having to provide local administrator access to support personnel charged with troubleshooting issues with client workstations?  For example, if I use some of the tools in WUA SDK or API, will they need to have local administrator access to view the remote clients?  I can imagine they would need local admin access to actually resolve the issue but is there a way for them to have view only?

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Johnny,

>>Is there a way around not having to provide local administrator access to support personnel charged with troubleshooting issues with client workstations? 

There are a lot of ways to troubleshoot the WSUS client. If we just collect the windowsupdate.log, we don't need to provide the local administrator privilege.

>>For example, if I use some of the tools in WUA SDK or API, will they need to have local administrator access to view the remote clients? 

Here is the official document about WSUS API sample.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=117679

If you have further question about coding, to get better help, please post your question on the MSDN forum.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, February 14, 2015 12:47 PM