none
"GPO - Last time Group policy was applied" not up to date

Question

• Hey there. I have this issue whereby most of my users have this GPO outdated as one year ago. However, their Computer Setting is updated. I did not know where to start to troubleshoot this issue. Any advise for me?
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Make a small setting change in one of the GPOs and see if gets updated.
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:34 AM
  • Hi,
    I agree with Jithesh that please create a GPO with user settings and apply it to problematic clients, then run gpresult /r to see if the time is updated to date.

Regarding the issue, just in case, you could check if there is no any user configuration is set up in GPO. Or you could check if the GPO is linked to the correct user OU, not computer account OU. Please run RSOP report to view the detail group policy settings.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

I performed gpresult /r on one of the affected machine and still see the user setting as last year.

A little background

I created a new DC on site called "DC2". I have done flush dns and renewed all their configurations and even asked them to re-login to confirm they are pointing to the right server (DNS/DHCP/etc). I verified all are correct. Let's call the previous DC "DC1". For the computer setting, it is the most updated from "DC2" but for user settings, those affected ones are pointing to "DC1" instead and with the outdated policy.

As for the testing mentioned, earlier I tried to push down a GPO to deploy shared printer but those users still not taking the effect.

Hope this helps.

Friday, August 12, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hi,
    Have you tried to fresh the group policy manually by running gpupdate /force and then run gpresult /r to view the report?
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Did that at the beginning of troubleshooting already, only computer setting is updated. User setting remains the same
    Monday, August 15, 2016 1:04 PM
  • Hi,
    I assume that you have taken Jithesh‘s suggestion to test a simple GPO with only user settings, please check if only the time in the gprsult /r report are not changed or if the GPO is not applied at all.
    And you could check if you could find any related event logs in the event viewer on client and DC.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
    Appreciate for your feedback.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:48 AM