no data in some exported logs when using Lync2013-Skype4B-CentralisedLoggingTool-v1.05 RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 sites:

one has a Lync 2013 pool with 3 FEs we are migrating away from and a SFB 2015 Pool (4 FEs)

2nd site has SFB pool with 4 FEs

Also edge servers in each pool.

Doing some troubleshooting and use the Lync2013-Skype4B-CentralisedLoggingTool-v1.05 tool.

What I am finding is that some of the logs when exported are empty (I know there should be data in them for the scenarios I am running).  I have already set the CacheFileNetworkFolder globally.

Any ideas where to look at the issue?

Monday, September 24, 2018 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi BiggJake,

I recommend you to use the OCSLogger tool to collect the SFB or Lync server log.

Lync 2013 debugging tools: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35453

SFB 2015 debugging tools: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47263

There are some steps when you use this tool Lync 2013 debugging tools (please notice: this tool must install all your Lync 2013 FE servers and collec the log At the same time).

1.Open the OCSLogger tool and run as administrator.

2.Select S4 & SipStack & UserServices  and others options components.

3.Click Start Logging on all OCSLogger\

4.Reproduce this issue and record the time .Click Stop logging on all OCSLogger

5.Click View Log files on all front end servers , save logs ,please open the log by Snooper.exe.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:21 AM
  • There are some steps when you use this tool SFB debugging tools.

1. Find a test account, run Get-CsUserPoolInfo identity userto find the PrimaryPoolPrimaryRegistrar, check the FE server.

Open the FE server, install Skype for business debugging tool, open the “ClsLogger” as administrator.

Select Edit Scenariosselect “scenarios”(we select the “AudioVedioConferencingIssue” like an example )add SIPStack in  Components, in the end select “Save Scenario”.

SelectAudioVedioConferencingIssuein Start-Stop Scenarios and select Register Front End Server and Edge Server in Topology

Click "start scenario"

Use the test account to reproduct this issue.

ClsLogger clicks Stop Scenario, then select Search CLS Logs, fill in the log save path, etc. Click Search Logs to save the queried logs.

Open the log(I recommand you to use Snooper.exe to open the log)

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:28 AM
  • Thanks for your guidance, but I don't want to use OCSLogger.  I want to use the CLS logger tool.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:59 PM
  • Ok, please check my second reply, follow this steps to collect the log.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:52 AM