none
Keeping track of tasks where resource assignment has been modified RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Let's say I have a project where task 1 is planned to be performed by resource A.

After the task was finished, I was informed that task 1 was in fact performed by resource B.

Then I replace resource A by B in the 'Resource assignment' window, so that the cost is recalculated correctly (other fee).

Is there any way to have an overview of all tasks where the initial resource assignment was modified regarding to the baseline?  I know resource assignment is not saved in the 5 baseline fields so the information is not in the tracking table or other tables. 

I also tried a comparison report with a previous version before the resource assignment changes took place.  Changes are visible if you know where to look for them, but if you have no idea if and where there were changes it's almost impossible.

Is there some other way of listing it up?

Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:03 PM

Answers

• Roger,

Not really. You could use a Flag field or some other extra field (e.g. Text, Number) to identify a task that had a resource change. Then it's a simple matter of applying a filter to see those tasks in aggregate.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:20 PM

All replies

• Roger,

Not really. You could use a Flag field or some other extra field (e.g. Text, Number) to identify a task that had a resource change. Then it's a simple matter of applying a filter to see those tasks in aggregate.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:20 PM
  • John,

I was afraid there would be no standard solution for this.  Your suggestion can indeed be used as a work-around.

Thanks, Roger.

Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:28 PM
  • Roger,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:32 PM