Accessing an Unknown User account RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if this is covered I could only find how to get rid on them and I need to access them not get rid of them.

I had a system crash with a blue screen. When it came back there was only a temp profile loading. In System Properties under the tab Advanced button User Profiles I have two Unknown Users listed with sizes listed.There is no folder for them under Users nor a listing in the system management in control panel. I cannot find these anywhere I could access them to pull files.

After some time I switched her  to a local profile because of size limitations on the server and letting the profile rebuilt from the server copy I found that a large chunk of profile went missing. I believe it is in one of these two "Account Unknown" users that show in the accounts list where you set to local accounts.

Problem I have is I don't have a profile folder to pull from. Yet I see this large profile listed.

My question is there any way I can get into that profile to retrieve those missing files? I have been reading posts about this for days and they are all what are these profiles and how do I make them go away. Well I need into them.

Hope you can help,

thank you,

Ric

Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• 1. Try program Recuva.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

The faster you try (instead of many attempt in another way), the larger a chance to rescue your files.

2. As soon as you rescue as much as possible files, then reinstall your computer or do full restore, if you have a good backup.

Regards

Milos

Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:29 PM
  • I have tried a data recovery software. I have Data Rescue. It finds all sorts of deleted files. the problems are I have no idea if they are from the missing profile. reason being the profile was not deleted be someone it was dumped after a system crash and was gone from the user folder after a reboot from a bluescreen. Now you can see them here and I really need to access them in the profile's structure as it was on the system IE the desktop and DOCUMENT folders and so on.

Now does someone know how to do that? I have a  screen shot but I have to wait to show it. well the profile the unknown is listed as 2.3GB.

Also if the fix need to run in other OS I can make it work I'm good a few different ones.

Thank you anyone that can help.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:33 PM