none
Restore an old resource pool without all the links. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I use MSP pro 2013 and I would like to restore my old and very long resource pool to start a new project but all the old links are still there. How can I just copy all the resources info without the links.

Thanks

Friday, January 8, 2016 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can copy the ressource information from the Resource Pool mpp to another mpp file, by simply going the Resource Sheet view marking off all lines copying them (Ctrl C or Right click + copy) then pasting them into the new project same view.

Best Regards | Power2Plan | https://power2plan.com

Friday, January 8, 2016 10:40 PM
  • Benoit,

The other John's suggestion of cut and paste will certainly work but I have a couple of questions.

First, you say you want to "restore" your resource pool. What exactly do you mean by "restore"? Is something wrong with it?

Second, you mention the "old links", I assume to each of the sharer files. Are those sharer files still active? Do they still need the resource pool?

Linked structures in Project are fragile and subject to corruption if not properly maintained. One thing that can quickly lead to corruption is not properly "disconnecting" (i.e. unlinking) files in the structure when they are no longer needed.

John

Saturday, January 9, 2016 2:01 AM
  • I agree with John. Copy your Resource data then throw away the old pool. Too risky to keep.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:49 AM