none
ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Sender difference with Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am migrating a receive connector from Exchange 2010 to 2013.

The connector accepts an authenticated user but also, non-existent email address in the from field.

these are the permissions on both connectors for that user:

ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient
    ms-Exch-Accept-Headers-Routing
    ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Sender
    ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Authoritative-Domain-Sender
    Send-As
    ms-Exch-SMTP-Submit

When I try to send an email to Exchange 2010 connector from, for example contoso\backup as "backup@contoso.com" it works.

When I try to do the same to Exchange 2013 version of the connector I get the infamous:

Client does not have permission to send as this sender

Do the ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Sender behaviour changed from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013?

What is happening here?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Andres,

Based on discuss with PG, this is not a bug. The PG explains it as follow:

'Frontend’ is not the hub process of bifurcation and thus shouldn’t be allowed to send without the actual hub process running. You’ll need to at least get traffic to the hub process. You can use ‘frontend’ to send and/or receive (oddly enough still in 2016), but for any kind of actual processing of the messages (remember, no queues on frontend), you’ll need to get the traffic to a mailbox role server.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:08 AM

All replies

• Ok. I re-created the connector, but this time as a hub transport receive connector and it worked. It seems like a bug, as another thread here says. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/44b67f45-25cb-4496-b8e0-c94d55c98281/authentication-changes-2013-on-receive-connector

do you know if this is a bug and if this has been fixed in later CUs?

Thank you

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:02 PM
  • Hi Andres,

I am currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 2:20 AM
  • Hi Andres,

Based on discuss with PG, this is not a bug. The PG explains it as follow:

'Frontend’ is not the hub process of bifurcation and thus shouldn’t be allowed to send without the actual hub process running. You’ll need to at least get traffic to the hub process. You can use ‘frontend’ to send and/or receive (oddly enough still in 2016), but for any kind of actual processing of the messages (remember, no queues on frontend), you’ll need to get the traffic to a mailbox role server.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Hi Andres,

Is there any update on this thread?
    If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:26 AM