Anonymous access not working on subsite on an anonymous site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Everything was working ok with the anonymous subsite and now it is not anonymous anymore.

How can I put it anonymous again if it is inheriting permissions from parent?

I have two farm: Farm A (content editing) and Farm B (With the anonymous site updated by content deployment).

I have no problems with the content deployment because everything is updated and I can see it with the admin account but anonymous users cannot access it.

Thanks for all the help.

Best Regards,

André

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

So it was working just fine earlier and suddenly it stopped working? I am sure you checked both AAM (which will set IIS) and then Site Settings (full access possibly in your case) as per this post by Bil Simser:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bsimser/archive/2006/09/25/Enabling-anonymous-access-in-SharePoint-2007.aspx

Can you please check IIS just in case once whether Directory Security is showing Anonymous Access?

Thanks, Soumya
    • Marked as answer by arec Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:13 PM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:40 PM
  • Hello Soumya,

Thank you for you reply. I did all that and everything is ok with the anonymous access. The problem was just with one subsite.

Meanwhile I backtracked all the changes and they were the following: The user changed the physical name of the page that was the welcome page of the subsite on Farm A; The incremental content deploy was successfully to Farm B; The subsite on Farm B was not available to anonymous users.

I still cannot figure out if this caused the problem or not.

I solved the problem by recreating the subsite welcome page and everything is ok again.

Best Regards,

André Cunha

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:13 PM