I deleted "People and Groups" from the Quick Launch on my home site page, in Sharepoint 2007. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. Without thinking I deleted the People and Groups section in the Quick Launch on my main site. I have checked the Recycle Bin and it is not there to recover. When I did this, it also added duplicates of my other sub-sites/tabs across the top. I can't find where/how to recover the People and Groups, nor how to delete these duplicate tabs. Thanks for any help. John
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:54 PM

All replies

• How did you delete "People and groups"? Were you working on your SharePoint site through SharePoint designer? or did you delete on the site Navigation settings? Did you delete "people and groups" on the entire site or just a particular page or pages?

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:02 PM
  • I was in Site Navigation Settings area in 2007. I don't have a tremendous amount of experience with building sites so because I had "cleaned up" a few other items in the quick launch by deleting them, when I was asked to do the same for People and Groups I did it the same way. I usually research things before doing them, but I didn't think about granting security to the site and subsites until right as I deleted People and Groups.

I was on the "Home" page of the site. I have three other tabs/sites as well, and those People and Groups are ok. This is a site I just built and is not being used yet by anyone. I'm wondering if I should delete the sites and start over. Thanks. J

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:58 PM
  • Well, If you can afford to delete and recreate the site that would definitely bring the default navigation back, but you would lose any additional entries. If you don't want to recreate the site, I would suggest you go to one of your other sites where you can still see the original navigation and make note of the navigation structure (names and url), then go back to the site with the broken navigation and manually set it up again. Otherwise I don't recall an automated way to recover the navigation.

• Proposed as answer by _Rob_S_ Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:57 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 10:08 PM
  • Thanks for the help. I rebuilt the site. Not as much work the second time through! J
    Monday, February 6, 2017 5:48 PM