How to open a .txt file in a remote computer RRS feed

• Question

• I want to open a .txt file in a remote computer using invoke-command, but after execution, only can see the .notepad process in the task manager on the remote computer.

I want to open it and see it visually on the remote computer. is there any way I can do it?

Thanks.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 5:36 AM

Answers

• I want to open a .txt file in a remote computer using invoke-command, but after execution, only can see the .notepad process in the task manager on the remote computer.

I want to open it and see it visually on the remote computer. is there any way I can do it?

Thanks.

This cannot be done with PowerShell remoting.  Remoting prevents any display on the monitor because a remote session does not have access to the monitor

This question comes up frequently and has since the earliest days of Windows.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by eeeww Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:09 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:13 AM

All replies

• Try using Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock {Start notepad "path to yout text file"}

Siva Sankar

Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:09 AM
  • Hello Dear,

Try these commands:

$Session = New-PSSession -name session01 -computerName Server-01

$a=Invoke-Command -session $session -scriptblock {Get-Process}

$a | Out-File "$env:USERPROFILE\Desktop\MyData.Txt"

Thanks & Best Regards,

Abhishek Sachdeva

Please mark this answer if it is helpful for you.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:09 AM

Thanks.

This cannot be done with PowerShell remoting.  Remoting prevents any display on the monitor because a remote session does not have access to the monitor

This question comes up frequently and has since the earliest days of Windows.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by eeeww Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:09 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hello Dear,

Try these commands:

$Session = New-PSSession -name session01 -computerName Server-01

$a=Invoke-Command -session $session -scriptblock {Get-Process}

$a | Out-File "$env:USERPROFILE\Desktop\MyData.Txt"

Thanks & Best Regards,

Abhishek Sachdeva

Please mark this answer if it is helpful for you.

Did u even read and understand his question?
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:26 AM