none
DPM 2010 raw attached storage upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone

I am about to change out my 7TB HP MSA60 for a 24TB SAS storage array. My question is how can I do this without losing my on disk backups.

I have ~6TB of replicas on disk and I would very much like retain these. I can connect both storage arrays symaltaniously.

Was wondering if there is some option to migrate the replicas?

Thank you

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

See this technet article

Using MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd282970.aspx

To make things easier, The following commands can be used with the ntdisk number as seen in either the get-DPMDISK output, the Windows Disk Management GUI or DPM Management - Disks GUI.

EXAMPLE-1 These commands show the migrations going from NTDisk 1 to NTDisks 3, 5, 6.

$source = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {$_.ntdiskid -eq 1}
    $destination = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {3,5,6 -contains $_.ntdiskid}
    MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.ps1 -DPMServername DPM-SVR-NAME -source $source -destination $destination

EXAMPLE-2 These commands show the migrations going from NTDisk 1,2,3 to NTDisks 4,5,6.

$source = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {1,2,3 -contains $_.ntdiskid}
    $destination = get-dpmdisk -dpmserver DPM-SVR-NAME | where {4,5,6 -contains $_.ntdiskid}
    MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.ps1 -DPMServername DPM-SVR-NAME -source $source -destination $destination

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:45 AM
  • Perfect, thank you for the info. That's exactly what I need.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:14 AM