Everything is a shade of Grey! RRS feed

• Question

• I logged in this morning and my log in screen was in color, but once I logged in - everything is a shade of grey.  EVERYTHING. 

I will also mention that it was finishing a windows 10 update as well, and I dont know if it started before I logged in this morning or after, but I did want to throw that out there.  I also know NOTHING about computers - so when giving me instructions on how to fix - pretend that you are talking to your 10 yr old kid.  Strike that, kids could probably figure this out. help!

Monday, February 12, 2018 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is that your current PC system is Windows 10?

If yes, what’s your current version of Windows 10? (Type Winver in search box, press Enter, it will show as following screenshot.)

If the version is 1709, please check if the Apply color filter in Color filters is ON. (Settings -> Ease of Access -> Color & high contrast) Here is a screenshot for your reference.

If it is ON, please click it to turn off it. You could also press Windows logo key + Ctrl + C.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:02 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 1:37 AM