none
About Refresh Schema RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have read about "Refresh schema" but I still don't understand when to use it.

I mean when I do an Import I read the database with a select statement and create a file that is automatically read my MIM and load into Connector Space.

Here is what it says about Refresh schema.
    "Causes the MA to re-read the schema(i.e the available objects and related attributes) of the connected directory. This is used when the structure of a CD is changed after the creation of an MA."

I mean what is interesting for MIM is what is imported. The only way to get information into Connector Space is by importing.

So can somebody explain when and why I should use Refresh schema 

//Tony

Monday, August 13, 2018 12:00 PM

All replies

• When you have modified the schema of a system FIM/MIM is connected to you should run refresh schema on the  management agent for it to pick up those schema changes and be selectable options to use.

Examples:

* Adding a new attribute in the FIM Portal which has been bound to the User resource.  The attribute will not show up in the management agent until you refresh schema.

* Adding a new object in the FIM Portal and given the sync account access to manage it.  The object will not show up in the management agent until you refresh schema.

* Adding an new object or attribute bound to an object in the ADMA, ADLDS, etc. - The object/attribute will not show up in the management agent until you refresh schema.

The Full Import run profile is the process of creating object hierarchy, objects, attributes and references into the connector space. A Full Import creates a schema in the connector space in order to create connector space objects and attributes.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

• Proposed as answer by Nosh Mernacaj Monday, August 13, 2018 9:58 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2018 12:25 PM