Power Query and Excel Add-Ins RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just installed "Scrape Html" Add-In for Excel and found it very useful to extract single elements from a Web page. Is it possible to call it's functions from inside Power Query in order to build custom columns? I didn't find any reference.

Thanks in advance,

Franco

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:03 PM

Answers

• While it's not possible to invoke another add-in from within Power Query, if you can load the results of "Scrape Html" to a worksheet, you should be able to use "From Table" to get the data into Power Query.

Ehren

• Marked as answer by Franco Fornari Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:29 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:00 PM

All replies

• While it's not possible to invoke another add-in from within Power Query, if you can load the results of "Scrape Html" to a worksheet, you should be able to use "From Table" to get the data into Power Query.

Ehren

• Marked as answer by Franco Fornari Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:29 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:00 PM
  • Yes, I already did something like this. First I imported by a power query a URL's list in a worksheet table; then, using a scrape html formula I extracted from each URL, in a custom column of the same worksheet, the elements I need.

Thanks for the confirmation that it's not possible call another add-in from within power query.

Franco

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:28 PM