ACT 5.5 Vendor Assessment data RRS feed

• Question

• We have set up an ACT 5.5 server to collect data about 1.5 months ago. We still have not recieved any Vendor Data. We have recieved some community data but nothing from Vendors.

Does anyone know when the Vendor Data will start to be populated.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Beaudge,

Thanks for the post.

As per my knowledge,vendor assessment fileds with blank data denotes applications and devices that do not have any vendor-related data. All the applications may not have vendor assessment data updated in the compatibility exchange.Vendor assessments are based on whether the vendor's application or device works, and if it is logo-certified by Microsoft. The following table describes the icons that appear in the columns, including their definitions.

Icon

Rating

Description

Vendor assessment-Microsoft Logo certified 

Vendor assessment: Logo certified

Denotes applications that have received logo certification for Windows Vista®.

Vendor assessment-app works, but not certified 

Vendor assessment: Works, but not Logo certified

Denotes applications that are known to work properly with Windows Vista.

Vendor assessment-app works with minor issues 

Vendor assessment: Works with minor issues

Denotes applications that have minor issues or known solutions.

Works assessment 

Compatible

Denotes applications and devices that are compatible with Windows Vista without modification, or are able to become compatible by:

·         Applying an upgrade or additional software provided by the vendor.

·         Applying a Windows update or a known troubleshooting solution.

Works with minor issues assessment 

Incompatible, but workarounds exist

Denotes applications that are incompatible with Windows Vista, but that have potential workarounds, such as:

·         Upgrading to a compatible version of the application.

·         Applying a possible workaround or solution for the issues.

Unlike the previous assessment rating, this is not a known fix, but something that might work in your situation.

Does not work assessment

Not compatible

Denotes applications and devices that are not compatible with Windows Vista.

Blank

No data

Denotes applications and devices that do not have any vendor-related data.

For more information on the same you may like to refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc765973(WS.10).aspx

However you may need to click on "Send and Recieve" under Actions menu to get the latest updates from compatibility exchange.
    You may also like to go through a demonstration on Application Compatibility Manager (ACM),  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee528288.aspx

Hope this helps.
    ========= "Mark this as answer,if it really helps" =========
    • Proposed as answer by Shanadas Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Beaudge Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:31 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Beaudge -What do you mean by Vendor Data? 

The following could be the reasons why its not collecting data from the systems where the DCP packages were deployed.

1)While creating the deployment package - you mentioned a folder name for log that was not existing
    2)The ACT Server is not pointing to the proper log location

C# Fan! ananda84(at)gmail(dot)com
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:41 AM
  • Hi Beaudge,

Thanks for the post.

As per my knowledge,vendor assessment fileds with blank data denotes applications and devices that do not have any vendor-related data. All the applications may not have vendor assessment data updated in the compatibility exchange.Vendor assessments are based on whether the vendor's application or device works, and if it is logo-certified by Microsoft. The following table describes the icons that appear in the columns, including their definitions.

Icon

Rating

Description

Vendor assessment-Microsoft Logo certified 

Vendor assessment: Logo certified

Denotes applications that have received logo certification for Windows Vista®.

Vendor assessment-app works, but not certified 

Vendor assessment: Works, but not Logo certified

Denotes applications that are known to work properly with Windows Vista.

Vendor assessment-app works with minor issues 

Vendor assessment: Works with minor issues

Denotes applications that have minor issues or known solutions.

Works assessment 

Compatible

Denotes applications and devices that are compatible with Windows Vista without modification, or are able to become compatible by:

·         Applying an upgrade or additional software provided by the vendor.

·         Applying a Windows update or a known troubleshooting solution.

Works with minor issues assessment 

Incompatible, but workarounds exist

Denotes applications that are incompatible with Windows Vista, but that have potential workarounds, such as:

·         Upgrading to a compatible version of the application.

·         Applying a possible workaround or solution for the issues.

Unlike the previous assessment rating, this is not a known fix, but something that might work in your situation.

Does not work assessment

Not compatible

Denotes applications and devices that are not compatible with Windows Vista.

Blank

No data

Denotes applications and devices that do not have any vendor-related data.

For more information on the same you may like to refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc765973(WS.10).aspx

However you may need to click on "Send and Recieve" under Actions menu to get the latest updates from compatibility exchange.
    You may also like to go through a demonstration on Application Compatibility Manager (ACM),  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee528288.aspx

Hope this helps.
    ========= "Mark this as answer,if it really helps" =========
    • Proposed as answer by Shanadas Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Beaudge Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:31 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:19 PM
  • Thanks for the information. I also recieved an email back from the ACT support staff and they stated that the first wave of Vendor Data should be populated in the next two weeks.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:32 AM
  • We recieve data from the DCPs but after a send and recieve we recieve community submitted data on the various applications but no vendor supplied data at this time..

I was told we would see the first wave of vendor data in the next few weeks.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:33 AM
  • Hey, Beaudge.  So are you saying that MS support told you that as of 11/12/09 that there simply is no vendor assessment info available via ACT?  I'm curious b/c I'm also not getting any vendor assessments when I "send/receive".  I thought I would at least get them for Microsoft applications.  But currently not even Office shows any vendor assessment.  thanks!
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:16 PM
  • Hi kingofmonkey,

Yes I was told that there was no vendor data populated yet and that I should expect to see it in the next few weeks. A few weeks later I am still waiting. They really pused this tool but are slacking on making it usefull to us all.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:21 PM
  • I was reading today's springboard series insider newsletter and came across this link to Windows 7 Application Compatibility List for IT Professionals (last updated Nov 12, 2009).  At least the info seems to be available (if only in spreadsheet form, at the moment).  So maybe it will work it's way into ACT soon
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:25 PM