Encircled Numbers in Automated List OR Custom Non-alphabetic List Order RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a way to add shape styles to my automated list. I would like each number in the automated list to be surrounded by a solid-filled circle. I often go up to 50 or more list items, so I cannot use pre-formatted circle styles and I would rather not have to manually copy, paste, align, and type in each circle with a number. Is there a way to set an automated list to have a certain style, such as a circle around numbers?

OR

Is there a way I can customize my list order to use a pre-set font with circled numbers? (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, q, w, e, r, t, y, u... G, H, J, K, L, ;, ', Z, X, C...)

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:18 PM

All replies

• I can't find a way to achieve your needs at the moment, but I can share some of my researching gains with you.
    If you want the numbering list to show ordinal style as circled numbers less than 20:
    1.At first, on Review tab,click Language button,click Set Proofing Language

Select Korean and click OK.
    2.Click Language > Language Perference to open Word Language Options, click the Not enable link to install Korean.You may need download the language package online,and install it manually.

3.On Home tab, in Paragraph group,click Numbering list button,click Define New Number Format. Select the Number style according to following screenshot.

Just like the image below, you successfully created this style, but only the number less than 21 is circled.

At the moment, I do not find a way to create a circled letter number.

For more information, you can view the following articles for help: Change the color, size, or format of bullets or numbers in a list ; Turn on or off automatic bullets or numbering ; Configure or turn off automatic text formatting (AutoFormat).

If you have any question about Office, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 1:56 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here? Have you solved the problem? Is my answer helpful to you?

I'm looking forward to your response. If you have any additions, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:41 AM