none
IE11 ask open or save when open PDF RRS feed

• Question

• How I can disable "what do you want to do with" question when opening PDF document in web browser(IE11)?
    Monday, July 6, 2015 8:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Paisti,

Please check if this blog could help here:

Internet Explorer: Disable “Do you want to open or save this file?” download prompt

http://9to5it.com/internet-explorer-disable-do-you-want-to-open-or-save-this-file-prompt/

Note:Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice.

Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:45 AM
  • Hi there,

thanks for the link, that post worked for the most filetypes I needed. I still have an issue with filetype Word.RTF.8 which seems to behave some kind of different. Even if the system itself sets the registry key below “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\AttachmentExecute\{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" for word.rtf.8 (by clicking on file in download manager, uncheck prompt before opening) the system always prompts to open, save or save as the file.

I simply want to open .rtf files in IE11 without any userprompt, that should be possible...

I already posted in that blog, but sadly no response, anybody here has the same problem?

Friday, August 7, 2015 8:42 AM
  • I simply want to open .rtf files in IE11 without any userprompt

Please advise for the solution 

The Operating system is windows 7 and IE 11

Please help.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 6:40 AM