none
Resource assignments to summary tasks not visible in Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am having a problem with my resource assignment. When assigning a resource to a summery task, the summary task is visible in the resource usage in MS Project, however when i enter the Resource center in Project Online, and go to Resource Assignments, the summary task cannot be seen. Why? And what can i do to see it/include it in the resource assignments in Project Online. 

Thanks!

Regards, 

Karen

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:28 PM

Answers

• Karen,

Did you check the box that says "Summary Tasks" ? Also, the summary task will appear as an assignment in the list. See the pictire below.

Having said that, assigning resources to summary task in general is not a good practice. You might want to reconsider this approach.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:58 PM

All replies

• Karen,

Did you check the box that says "Summary Tasks" ? Also, the summary task will appear as an assignment in the list. See the pictire below.

Having said that, assigning resources to summary task in general is not a good practice. You might want to reconsider this approach.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:58 PM
  • Thank you very much, Prasanna, I just found the box - so now it works. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:22 PM