none
DHCP weird IP address RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Windows 2016 Std server and when I look at the DHCP settings in Server Manager I am seeing 2 IPv4 Address entries. One is our domain server IP (correct) and the other one is 169.254.148.196 and have no idea where that came from.  How can I remove this IP address from my DHCP settings?
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:21 PM

All replies

• There are 7 entries under the Interfaces subkey but I have no idea which one is the network adapter.
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:51 PM
  • Hi,

You can click on each and check for the dhcpipaddress string (If you get IP via DHCP) or IPAddress if you have static address assigned or you can browse to the 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards
    Here you can find NetworkCard GUID

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.,

NEDIMMEHIC.ORG

Friday, October 6, 2017 1:18 PM
  • Did what you suggested and re-booted server. DHCP still shows 2 IP's.
    Friday, October 6, 2017 9:03 PM
  • Hi,
    Based on the complexity and the specific situation, we need do more researches. If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum, which help us understand and analyze this issue comprehensively.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:33 AM