none
Project Site Provioning Settings - gives error with Correlation ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am new to Poject Server and am hoping to go live with a new installation next week but I have found that I cannot set the default Project Site because I cannot get into the the Project Site Provisioning Settings within Server Settings.  It gives anout of the box error message with a correlation ID. 

I want to get this issue resolved but as I am new to this side of Project Server I wanted to ask:

1. Where should I look first for further details of the issue?
    2. What could be causing this issue?
    3. Anyone with any suggestions for a quick fix?

thanks,

Al 

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 7:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Al

To dig into this you need to download ULSviewer.exe from CodePlex and have it running when you get your errors.  The tools shows the error and can show all the related errors, especially if you have a correlation ID.

Second, is to run the SQL Profiler at the same time ULSviewer is running.  The correlation ID can be found in the SQL Trace and it links and provides the details as to what SQL is doing.  It may provide the clues you need, like "Authroization failed", etc. which may indicated that the security is not setup properly in SQL.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:51 PM
  • Thanks Michael, I'll try that.
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:58 AM
  • Michael,

I have discovered that the there are no Project Site Temeplates available.  When I try to edit the Enterprise Project Types the list of Project Site Templates has no options, not even the default Microsoft Project Template.

Do you know how I can resolve this issue?

thanks,

Al

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Micheal,

It turned out that the site had been restored without the content database.  Found a great article on how to restore a PWA instance which resolved the issue.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/06/10/project-server-2010-restoring-or-migrating-pwa-instances.aspx

Thanks for your help,

Al

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:42 PM