Sequenced Java, local IE - calls local excel and errors out RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Been working in App-v for a while but this one is bugging me

I've sequenced Java JRE in a simple package that calls an intranet site using IE (win7sp1x86, jre 6031, IE8, office 2010, appv 4.5 (tried sequencer 4.6sp2, same resutls)). within the website you're able to export things to csv. saving it locally and running works fine as expected but if you 'open' it directly, it fails with "Fatal error during installation" calling excel.

if I try the same procedure post sequencing during sequence block capture, I get an error 1935: error occurred during the installation of assembly component {A75F2217-AD54-3EA6-AE14-F255F8660531} 0x80073712. what's interesting is I can't find this clsid anywhere in the registry. (I did a bunch of searching and reinstalled .net 4, no change)

I've tried sequencing it with and without office present. I've tried the export during capture (works!) and post during sequence block 1 running (fails...). what irks me is I've been able to sequence excel plugins easily but this issue eludes me. 

been reading about the com vs ole calls, removed a bunch of sequenced keys pointing to inproc but that didn't jive either

appreciate any help out there! firing up procmon now but should it be within the bubble or not?

thanks

edit: I could sequence excel as well just find it redundant as it will exist on any workstation this is run from

• Edited by JonW99 Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:26 PM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:12 PM

Answers

• What if you try setting LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED to TRUE, that way it may look to the local machine when opening rather than the virtual environment.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:39 AM
    Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How did you create your sequence? What configurations do you have in your package?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, March 8, 2013 8:12 AM
  • for excel? virtually nothing

the sequence is as stated above. captured the install of java, ran the website and exported a csv. during capture it runs fine, post capture it's another story obviously. it's a very simple package but when calling excel it freaks out

changed the file association in the virtual space to point to a handler vb script that calls excel and that works...just feels unnecessary 

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:52 PM
  • What if you try setting LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED to TRUE, that way it may look to the local machine when opening rather than the virtual environment.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:39 AM
    Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:33 AM