none
Delivery Report missed some messages

Question

• Good afternoon, all!

I've just run into a situation on my Exchange server farm where a message we know was delivered does not show up in a delivery report.  

The message came in a couple of weeks ago and the sender followed up for a status update.  When we looked to trace the original message we found it in the Transport Logs, along with the follow up message, but neither one showed up in a delivery report.

Am I missing something where a search service needs to be restarted, or some kind of limit reached on reporting?

Thanks for looking!

Gregg

Friday, March 4, 2016 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Gregg,

Welcome to Technet forum.

Did this issue occur on the specific mailbox or specific sender’s domain?

Please refer to the following link to check Delivery Report configuration to include the specific mailbox:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj150554(v=exchg.150).aspx

Then, we could restart “Microsoft Exchange Transport” service to check if the issue persist.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 7, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Good afternoon, Jim!

I checked again and the report definitely doesn't show the mail for the two mailboxes in question, and from the sender's email.  Also checked in the log at C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\MessageTracking.

After restarting both Transport Service and Transport Search Service on both Mailbox/CAS servers, a search did not show the logged email.

????  i'm stumped.....

Thanks!

Gregg

Monday, March 7, 2016 10:02 PM
  • Hi Gregg,

We suggest you check the setting as the following path: EAC->mail flow->delivery reports:

If the issue just occur on the specific mailbox, we suggest you move the specific mailbox to another database to check if the issue persist.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:52 AM
  • Hi Gregg,

Is there any update for this thread?

If that above suggestion solve your issue, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Jim Xu

Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Hello, Jim!

Checked on this again - the problem happens on both mailboxes the message was sent to. 

Could there be a problem with the current database?  Not all messages are missing from the delivery reports, just this one - so far......

Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:21 PM