none
DPM2010 - How to determine which tapes were written on a specific date RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We're still using DPM2010 and I was wondering how I can determine through a report which tapes were written on a specific date.

The default tape management report provides me with all the tapes that are marked for offsite for a certain date but they also include those that haven't expired yet and/or are about to expire. Also, sometimes DPM doesn't mark tapes as off-site ready while they should be so these also aren't included in that report.

I know it's possible to create custom reports somehow but some powershell script would do just as well. All I need is the short list of tapes that were written to on a specific date. I can't find a lot of info on this so I'm thinking it's either not really possible, I'm completely missing something or I have to figure out the data model for the database and try to learn enough SQL to get this info?

Thx for any clarification you can offer.

Kr,

JP

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use this SQL script to list what you want, this only lists tapes with data sets that have not yet expired.

Just modify the dates using YYYY-MM-DD syntax.  Below will list all tapes written on 2013-03-02

use DPMDB select ro.Path,ro.FileSpec,media.Label,media.BarcodeValue,pd.CreationDate,pd.ExpiryDate from dbo.tbl_MM_MediaMap mm join dbo.tbl_MM_PhysicalDataset pd on pd.datasetid = mm.datasetid join dbo.tbl_MM_Media media on media.MediaId = mm.MediaId join dbo.tbl_RM_RecoverableObjectFileSpec ro on ro.DatasetId = mm.DatasetId where pd.lifestatus = 1 and pd.CreationDate between ('2013-03-02') and ('2013-03-03')
    order by media.Label

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:50 PM