Approval workflow notification mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am customizing the existing approval workflow for my purchase order workflow. In that, I want a separate email notification sent when the "Change Request Form" is submitted. Now the same mail(sent on invocation of workflow) is sent. Is there a separate mail notification associated with "Change Request Form". Could anybody please help me with this?

Monday, November 4, 2013 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to get an email notification associated with the Change Request Form when the form is submitted.

What is the Change Request Form used for?

If the form is used for submitting the request, I recommend to add a step in the purchase order workflow to send the notification email when the Change Request Form is submitted.

Here are the detailed steps:

1. Change the purchase order workflow to start when an item is created.
    2. At the top of the purchase order workflow, select Send an Email in Action to send notification email to the users you want.

If the form is used for submitting the changes on the original request form, I recommend to create a new workflow to send notification email when the Change Request Form is submitted.

1. Create a new workflow associated with the list/library where the Change Request Form exists, and start it when an item is changed.
    2. Select Send an Email in Action to send notification email to the users you want.

Best regards.

Thanks

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, November 18, 2013 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to get an email notification associated with the Change Request Form when the form is submitted.

What is the Change Request Form used for?

If the form is used for submitting the request, I recommend to add a step in the purchase order workflow to send the notification email when the Change Request Form is submitted.

1. Change the purchase order workflow to start when an item is created.
    2. At the top of the purchase order workflow, select Send an Email in Action to send notification email to the users you want.

If the form is used for submitting the changes on the original request form, I recommend to create a new workflow to send notification email when the Change Request Form is submitted.

1. Create a new workflow associated with the list/library where the Change Request Form exists, and start it when an item is changed.
    2. Select Send an Email in Action to send notification email to the users you want.

Best regards.

Thanks

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, November 18, 2013 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I use Change Request form for getting clarifications regarding the purchase order from workflow initiator. My workflow is manually initiated and not when an item is created. 

Let me try to add a step in the purchase order workflow to send the notification email when the Change Request Form is submitted.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:44 AM