none
Check who has deleted the Custom Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I came with an serious issue, someone has deleted a Enterprise Custom Field from my project.

Is there any way I can find out who has deleted this? Also is there any way to find out the Logged in users and IP's?

Also please let me know how to take back up these fields.

• Edited by Abhijit PS Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:52 AM
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhijit PS,

Which Project Server version are you using?

The custom field has been deleted from the Project Server instance or just from your project? If it is just from the project, then you just have to add it again. If it has been removed from the server settings, assuming you have scheduled the daily backup for enterprise custom fields, you can restore it.

Then I suggest to keep only 2 Project Server administrators which are really aware of such critical operations and create a group for light admin or super users who can manage some admin features, but not the critical ones, such as deleting objects.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:01 AM
  • Hi Guillaume Rouyre,

Thanks for the reply, the Store Number has been deleted from Server Setting. I have created it.

I just want to know who has deleted this ? Is there any way to track this ?

Thanks,

Abhijit

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:27 AM
  • There is a job type in the queue related to custom field deletion: Reporting (Custom Field Metadata Sync). It synchronizes the ECF deletion with the reporting DB.

Thus you can always go to the queue, display the successful jobs, the appropriate time period and look for this "Reporting (Custom Field Metadata Sync)" job. If the deletion is still in the queue log, then you'll have the account, but it might be too late if you just keep 24hrs of history for example.

You might also look at the ULS logs.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Hi

You can use AuditPro from FluentPro to audit changes in your configuration.

http://www.fluentpro.com/project-server/configuration-management-products/fluentpro-audit-pro/

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, September 11, 2015 8:16 AM