none
Migrate WLM 2011 emails to Outlook 2016 (Office 365) RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed Office 365 and need to transfer all of my existing emails in WLM2011, I am running win10 (64 bit). I have followed the following instructions (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/980534http://):

In the Windows Live Mail window, click the File button and select Export and then select Email messages.
    Select Microsoft Exchange as the format and then click Next.
    You will see a message that all email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange, click Ok to continue.
    You can export all email folders or select the appropriate folders that you want to export by using the Select folders option.
    After you select the appropriate option, click OK and wait for the export process to be completed.

The underlined bit does not appear, from the 2nd line it goes straight to the export process without giving me the option to pick where it all goes. After the "export" has completed there is nothing showing in Outlook 2016.

is there a way to export from WLM2011 to Outlook 2016

Friday, June 17, 2016 7:11 AM

Answers

• Well, since there's not an Exchange Server involved, this is definitely the wrong place.  Sorry.

If you suspect the problem is with Outlook, then I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, June 17, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

I understand you want to export from Windows live mail to Outlook 2016.

I have found the following article for your reference:

http://emltooutlookpst.blogspot.sg/

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition,as Ed mentioned,the issue is more specific with outlook side,and this forum focuses on some general discussion about Exchange server. It may be better to ask a question in outlook forum.

Regards,

David

Monday, June 20, 2016 3:15 AM
  • Fastest, Easiest and Most Accurate Solution EML to PST Converter  you can effortlessly transfer all your EML files into PST in three easy steps. First you have to launch the software. Second, choose EML files you want to convert as source email and Outlook PST files as target format. And then press Start. The best thing is that it performs safe conversion and save EML folder tree into MS Outlook without any problem. You can perform this task in just few minutes.Download now:  https://www.sysessential.com/eml-pst-converter/

Fastest, Easiest and Most Accurate Solution EML to PST Converter must be a big steaming pile of cow manure for them to have their employees posing as customers endorsing their product.  Stay clear of any product that employs vendor shills.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Marked as answer by Liteman44 Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:52 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:00 AM

All replies

• I recommend that you post this in the outlook.com / live.com / Hotmail Forum:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum?auth=1

Friday, June 17, 2016 3:14 PM
  • I originally posted this in Outlook.com and got sent to to the Exchange forum and then the Office 365 forum and now back full circle to outlook.com. Surely if MS bring out a program (Outlook 2016) which many owners of a previous email program (WML 2011) they should also make sure that there is a relatively simple method of transferring data from one to the other!
    • Edited by Liteman44 Friday, June 17, 2016 3:44 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Well, since there's not an Exchange Server involved, this is definitely the wrong place.  Sorry.

If you suspect the problem is with Outlook, then I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Friday, June 17, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

I understand you want to export from Windows live mail to Outlook 2016.

I have found the following article for your reference:

http://emltooutlookpst.blogspot.sg/

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition,as Ed mentioned,the issue is more specific with outlook side,and this forum focuses on some general discussion about Exchange server. It may be better to ask a question in outlook forum.

Regards,

David

Monday, June 20, 2016 3:15 AM
  • FREE download EML  to PST Converter software, it is capable to recovers corrupt EML  file database and FREE display all emails folders and then successfully Convert EML to PST file format now directly loaded in Microsoft Outlook all updated version like 2016/2013/2001/2007 so on.

How to Convert EML  to PST - Solution 

The main method to migrate EML files to PST is using a third-party tool. EML to PST Converter is the best tool to use to import EML files to PST easily and accurately. Here the third party is suggested because the manual solution is not as reliable as using some expert solution.

How to convert/import EML files Manually

Step 1 – Open Windows Live Mail

Step 2 – Click on File -> Export -> Email message -> MS Exchange

Step 3 – Click on NEXT to proceed further working of the applications

Step 4 – Now, select the file format to you want to export the EML files

Step 5 – Confirm the selection by clicking on OK button

Step 6 – Now select the folders you want to converter

Step 7 – Now you will see a working window exporting files

Step 8 – Now your migration EML to PST is completed

"EML to PST Converter" must be a big steaming pile of cow manure for them to have their employees posing as customers endorsing their product.  Stay clear of any product that employs vendor shills.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 7:44 AM
  • Fastest, Easiest and Most Accurate Solution EML to PST Converter  you can effortlessly transfer all your EML files into PST in three easy steps. First you have to launch the software. Second, choose EML files you want to convert as source email and Outlook PST files as target format. And then press Start. The best thing is that it performs safe conversion and save EML folder tree into MS Outlook without any problem. You can perform this task in just few minutes.Download now:  https://www.sysessential.com/eml-pst-converter/

Fastest, Easiest and Most Accurate Solution EML to PST Converter must be a big steaming pile of cow manure for them to have their employees posing as customers endorsing their product.  Stay clear of any product that employs vendor shills.

• Marked as answer by Liteman44 Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:52 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:00 AM
  • I did mark the problem as being answered some time ago, so I would be happy if members didn't spend any more of their valuable time on my problem, rather that they diverted their energies to more worthwhile causes!

It is with with huge thanks that I was able to solve the problem with all the help I received through this forum, hopefully I might be able to repay all your efforts at some time in the future, but I have a horrible feeling that it will normally me be me doing the asking and you all doing the answering!  

Friday, March 23, 2018 8:31 AM
  • Most effective and safest way to import all EML data into PST files and you can save them at any specific location. While performing EML to PST Conversion, it keeps original Meta data and file structure secure and safe.t exports attachments and maintains original email formatting.You may get the view just like Windows Explorer in the initial screen of this tool. It allows you choose the folder that has EML files on the left pane. It will auto load all the emails with item count. 
    This recommended product must be a big steaming pile of cow manure for them to have their employees posing as customers endorsing their product.  Stay clear of any product that employs vendor shills.

Friday, March 23, 2018 3:39 PM
  • No problem! try out eml to outlook conversion wizard to import your multiple eml files into outlook pst. It supports all version of MS Outlook and Windows OS such as Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 etc. Simple, secure and easy software to use. You can download it from here:- http://www.datavare.com/software/eml-to-pst-converter-expert.html

This recommended product must be a big steaming pile of cow manure for them to have their employees posing as customers endorsing their product.  Stay clear of any product that employs vendor shills.

Friday, March 23, 2018 3:40 PM
  • I don't mind flagging vendor shills!  They're only trying to help their own sales, not help you.

Friday, March 23, 2018 3:41 PM
  • This EML to PST Converter software performs accurate and safe Windows Live Mail to PST conversion. During conversion, it keeps the original formatting of all emails and retains the original folder structure of mailbox intact. It can also Convert EML to PST files, including email properties like To, From, Attachment, Subject etc. and emails. And also Supports several email clients like Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and MS Outlook Express.

The Windows Live Mail EML to PST Converter enables you to preview all the items in your mailboxes like Notes, Emails, Sent Items, and Attachments. You may take an insight at the results of the entire process of conversion. You can also save your emails into New PST file or Existing PST file. You can see the preview of converted emails in free version before saving Mailboxes. You can Select the destination path to save emails. Which you can import with Outlook Email Client. Visit here for more details:- http://www.eml.tooutlookconverter.com/

VENDOR SHILL!

Windows Live Mail EML to PST Converter product must be a big steaming pile of cow manure for them to have their employees posing as customers endorsing their product.  Stay clear of any product that employs vendor shills.  Check out Jimmy Darn's history.  All his posts are vendor shill posts.  He helps nobody.

Thursday, July 19, 2018 11:33 PM
  • This Mac EML to PST Converter easily convert data of WLM Outlook PST format simple and entrant. This software tool is capable to migrate multiple WLM into Outlook as well as the software is offering the safest and most prominent way to import all mailbox items of WLM data into the new output PST data that you can save at the desired location. If you want to know more about the tool you can visit the site: https://www.toolscrunch.com/mac-eml-to-pst-converter.html

VENDOR SHILL!

This MacEML to PST Converter product must be a big steaming pile of cow manure for them to have their employees posing as customers endorsing their product.  Stay clear of any product that employs vendor shills.  Check out Jimmy Darn's history.  All his posts are vendor shill posts.  He helps nobody.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:56 PM